11/1/12

Mad chops.

(Image from Coco+Kelly via Pinterest)

You're probably thinking this has nothing to do with, well, anything, but sweet nephew R calls his sidewalk chalks 'chops', which leads us, his oh-so-mature aunt and uncle, to make entirely too many puns based on the word 'chops'.



Also, is it just me, or is the chalkboard phase gross? I hate, hate, hate chalk dust. I don't like the feel of chalk in my fingers. I hate the sound of chalk on a chalkboard. The board never seems to look entirely clean.

It seems weird to me that all these perfect Pinterest homes feature chalkboards, especially in the kitchen, where one would normally avoid creating excess dust. Are they off limits to kids? The kiddos in my family would have chalk dust everywhere, including mouths. (I'm looking at you, baby K!)

So many questions, right? I've pinned dozens of chalkboards to my inspiration boards, but I just can't bring myself to make one.

Am I just a weirdo, or does chalk eek you out a little, too?

 Photobucket
Related Posts with Thumbnails
blog comments powered by Disqus Creative Commons License
[the alohilana blog] by R. Jones is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at alohilana.blogspot.com.