6/1/11

iPhone Photography. :)


Let's talk more about cameras!

More specifically, phone cameras. Can I just say I love technology? 'Cause WOW. We can make our gadgets and gizmos do ANYTHING nowadays.

And I'm trying to do better about picture-taking, honest, I am.

It's a whole lot easier with sweet nephew Ray around, too, because he's so stinking adorable, I can't help but take pictures of everything he does/wears.





See? Told you. That kid is cute. And yes, I might be a little biased. ;)

I also find lots of reasons to take pictures of this cutie, too:


I love him a whole lot. And he sometimes puts up with the picture taking 'cause he loves me, too. ;)

I'm always on the lookout for good camera/filter apps, and recently found Instagr.am. So far, I am LOVING it. In honor of my list fetish, I'm going to tell you just how much I love it in list form.

1. The filters are high quality. When you apply one to your photo, it looks WAY better than a typical cell phone snap.

2. It's free. 'Nuff said.

3.  It has several ways to share individual photos, including Twitter and Facebook, which my family loves, because they get to see all my snaps immediately.

4. It's really simple to use - you don't need to be a genius to figure it out.

5. Have I mentioned that it's FREE? Because that part rocks!

But there's a few things I'd love to change about it.

In list form, of course.

1.  There's no easy way to see your photos in an online feed - in fact, it's pretty near impossible to find your photos, to, say, link to your blog. I did a little digging [or, you know, spent 30 seconds on the Googles] and found Extragram, which neatly pulls your Instagram feed onto a website for you, but still - it might be nice to access a feed.

Although I will say that knowing it's so difficult for ME to find my own photos makes me feel a little better about anyone else searching/stalking my feed.

SO... Having it as an option is nice. But maybe it could be a little easier to choose.

Just sayin'.

2. There are only 11 filters. And several of them are very, very similar. Honestly, I would be willing to pay a little [but don't kill me here] for extra high-quality filters like the ones already included, but they aren't yet available. And that kind of stinks. ;)

Honestly, the pros far outweigh the cons. I love this app - I'd easily give it a 4.5 out of 5. And nobody paid me to say that, even! :)

Anyone found any better apps for photo manipulation?


Photobucket
Related Posts with Thumbnails
blog comments powered by Disqus Creative Commons License
[the alohilana blog] by R. Jones is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at alohilana.blogspot.com.