4/11/11

Sweet Valley Memories.


Oh my goodness, y'all.

If this image doesn't bring back memories for me, I just don't know what could [unless it involves a choir. Or Aussie hair spray. Don't ask.]

I spent the greater part of my leisure time for a few years devoted to the study of all things Sweet Valley Twins. I wasn't allowed to read the high school series, because, have mercy, the thematic elements of BOYFRIENDS AND KISSING AND HIJINKS ENSUING.

No decent preteen girl of my parents' would be caught reading them, so I usually wasn't.

...Caught, that is. ;)

I had to laugh when I found out that Francine Pascal wrote a sequel about Elizabeth and Jessica as late twenty-somethings, aimed at the girls who grew up with the fictional twins.


See? [http://www.amazon.com/Sweet-Valley-Confidential-Years-Later/dp/0312667574/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1301552522&sr=1-1, $11.99, you're welcome.]

I read the teaser, and apparently, the whole thing goes down when Jessica steals Elizabeth's boyfriend. Again. Hasn't this happened already, like, a MILLION TIMES?

Ugh, typical Jessica.

So I'm ell-oh-ell-ing over here, googling like mad about the twins I'd forgotten about, and I stumble across this little gem, 'Elizabeth and Jessica are better than You', where fans 'recap' their favorite books. And I can't stop chuckling. It's just like old times.

KISSING AND BOYFRIENDS AND HIJINKS ENSUE.

You've been warned.
Photobucket
Related Posts with Thumbnails
blog comments powered by Disqus Creative Commons License
[the alohilana blog] by R. Jones is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at alohilana.blogspot.com.