4/20/11

Hot & Steamy.


Literally.

My [no boys allowed] gym has a sauna that I've been trying to acclimate myself to - and I have to say, even though I know with my brain that saunas are AWESOME for water weight and flushing out toxins, with my hide, I HATE THE THING. Really, really, really hate it.

It's not so much the older ladies who think that clothing is optional [even though I have to say, I expected a little more from ladies. I've heard of locker rooms, but... Really?] because I can shut my eyes. I cannot, however, shut my pores.

Here's the deal - ladies, according to certain genteel folk I grew up around, do not sweat. Ladies 'glow'. Or 'perspire'. Or 'shine'. They do not sweat, and they are never funky. They wouldn't even think about being rank in public.

But this sauna business takes the sparkles right out of a gal. It's rank and funky and feels like the rainforest. Or summer camp in east Texas. Either one works.

I know it's doing me some good to perspire away every ounce of water I've consumed that morning, but I have to say, it's one of my least favorite things. Right down there with bitter coffee and bagpipes.

But an extra -2 pounds a week fits right into my weight loss plan, so I'm sticking with it. At least until summer hits us full force, because then there will be no need for a designated sweating room,

Lady or no, it just HAPPENS, y'all.
Photobucket
Related Posts with Thumbnails
blog comments powered by Disqus Creative Commons License
[the alohilana blog] by R. Jones is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at alohilana.blogspot.com.