1/31/11

Let The Church Say Amen.


I'm kind of an IKEA fan.

There. I said it.

My love for all things cheap and Swedish is expansive... And expensive, because furniture adds up when you can't seem to stay away from the IKEA store.

I'm not going to lie - I do love me some furniture displays. I can wander around IKEA for hours, much to my husband and sister's dismay - it's fascinating and wonderful and inspiring and CHEAP!

It's definitely not a quick trip stop, though. If you've been to an IKEA, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. It sucks you in with pretty doodads and cheap furniture, and oh, the endless possibilities!

So to be fair, I have to point out that my multiple-hour shopping trips to IKEA [and subsequent ish-ahs packing multiple pieces of furniture into my car] are partially my fault. I have an admitted home decor obsession, and it would just be rude not to admit that.

BUT.

Those stores are like a stinking maze. And heaven help you if you have kids in tow [or, you know, unwilling family members] and aren't interested in leaving them in the childcare room [unwilling family members aren't accepted in the kids room - I checked], because they WILL have to go to the bathroom. And you WON'T be able to find a way to get there without tracking down one of the elusive white elephants, also known as IKEA employees, to navigate the aisles and sections and back alleys to get you there.

It's criminal. The layout is dreadful in terms of efficiency for the customer's sake. And I'm not the only one to notice this, either - I found this article about their merchandising tactics. Totally true story.

And all I have to say about that is AMEN.

Photobucket
Related Posts with Thumbnails
blog comments powered by Disqus Creative Commons License
[the alohilana blog] by R. Jones is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at alohilana.blogspot.com.