12/17/10

Fashion Friday

If you're beginning to notice a tunic/dress + jeggings trend, you are either late to the game or very, very polite, and I have a feeling the latter is probably to blame.

I mean, I'm nothing if not subtle.

I've been LIVING in my jeggings and comfy flat boots. Sweet nephew Ray is staying with us for awhile, and while hubs and I are loving having a munchkin around, two year olds aren't exactly understanding of fashion constraints. I need to be comfy and ready at a moment's notice to swoop down and grab him before he darts into the next aisle, run after him as he takes off for 'nurple' [North Pole, also known as Walmart's toy section], or, you know, look put together for a paparazzi shot.

*ahem* At least I'm ready for SOME of those things. ;)

I love that jeggings look great on my skinny sister and just as dandy on my short, chubby self, too - the length of the top and the type of shoe completely changes the game and makes the admittedly narrowminded jegging a lot more reasonable.

And that's just how we like it.

Jeggings - American Eagle, $49.99
Black asymmetrical tunic - Dillard's, $9.99 [clearance]
Black slouchy suede boots - Ross', $19.99
Neutral/black tote - Marshall's, $39.99
Gold jewelry - various, total cost $60
Photobucket
Related Posts with Thumbnails
blog comments powered by Disqus Creative Commons License
[the alohilana blog] by R. Jones is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at alohilana.blogspot.com.