12/3/08

Hope. He's Coming for Me.



Have you ever been so intrigued by the nuances of a written passage that you read it a million times before you were satisfied with your own interpretation?

I'm going to go with yes here, because it's my blog and I did that today. [It's possible that I'm just that slow, but that just doesn't seem right.. ;o)]

I read the lyrics to this song for the first time, and I was leg-dropped by it's incredible eloquence and understatement, because it's deeply, movingly profound. Elegant understatements fascinate me, because clearly, I'm a gal who is all about the words. And this song uses them so well to weave emotion, homesickness, questions, and hope into a melody that I just can't help but share.

I know.

I need therapy for my youtube obsession.

Lyrics

'The C.S. Lewis Song'

If I find in myself desires nothing in this world can satisfy,
I can only conclude that I was not made for here
If the flesh that I fight is at best only light and momentary,
Then of course I'll feel nude when to where I'm destined I'm compared

Speak to me in the light of the dawn

Mercy comes with the morning
I will sigh and with all creation groan as I wait for hope to come for me

Am I lost or just less found? On the straight or on the roundabout of the wrong way?

Is this a soul that stirs in me, is it breaking free, wanting to come alive?
'Cause my comfort would prefer for me to be numb
And avoid the impending birth of who I was born to become

Speak to me in the light of the dawn

Mercy comes with the morning
I will sigh and with all creation groan as I wait for hope to come for me

For we, we are not long here
Our time is but a breath, so we better breathe it
And I, I was made to live, I was made to love, I was made to know you
Hope is coming for me

Hope, He's coming for me


Photobucket
Related Posts with Thumbnails
blog comments powered by Disqus Creative Commons License
[the alohilana blog] by R. Jones is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at alohilana.blogspot.com.