12/15/08

Funny, Punny You!

Y'all.

Y'all.

I got to go see this gal do her thing last night at Improv, and it was hee-larious. Anjelah Johnson is one of my all-time favorite comics. You may remember this nugget of trivia if you saw my post about 'Beautiful Nail'. [If you didn't, we must not have been friends for long. It's ok. Now you know and it's all good.] The girl is golden comedy. And she loves Jesus, so she got jokes that be clean, y'all.

I hearted the feature comic, too - he's an Italian from Tennessee, by way of New York City [and if that isn't fodder for the jokes, I don't know what is. I'm just sayin'..] and he loves Jesus, too, so basically, it was like hitting the clean comedy jackpot.

And I do love to win stuff.

Thanks to a nice young man at the welcome desk, we also got some of the best seats in the house- almost directly in front of the mic, but just beyond the circle of spotlight. Y'know, where the cool cats hang out.

As if all of that funtasticness isn't memorable enough, nachos and drinks set me back $35. Aaaaaah. Now that's memories. ;o)

My official gifting advice for this holiday season? Get tickets. But please, please don't order the nachos.

Photobucket
Related Posts with Thumbnails
blog comments powered by Disqus Creative Commons License
[the alohilana blog] by R. Jones is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at alohilana.blogspot.com.