7/12/08

If You Knew What Was New...

...You'd understand why I've been staring at this for a large portion of the evening.

I'm packing. And packing means that my shoes [aka my treasures, just so you know what we're dealing with here] are being folded into their little fabric shoe bags, complete with neatly scrawled labels.

'Cause I'm a label freak, y'all, and that's how label freaks roll.

So the packing thing, though? It actually has a purpose - after 9 months in Columbus, I'm heading back to Texas to finish my BA in Psychology. It's an incredibly bittersweet time, because there are many, many things here to treasure. I've made so many great friends, I have a pastor and pastor's wife that I trust and respect, a church that connects with Jesus every service on a higher level, and a great eyebrow lady.

As tough as it is to leave that, I'm excited, too. I'm thrilled that I'm going to be able to see my family and friends again. I'm going to meet Raiden [aka Sweet Baby Ray] for the first time, I'm going to be able to hug everyone I've missed seeing over the past 2 years, and I'm going to be able to complete a 6-year journey at my university that should have been completed in 4.

It wasn't an easy decision to make, and clearly, it won't be an easy decision to follow through with. But it was the decision I made after much, much prayer and thought and planning and trying and attempting.

So wish me luck with the packing, because those shoe bags you see are just the beginning... of the shoes! That doesn't include everything else I'll need to pack and shoehorn into my Honda.

Let the good times roll.

Photobucket
Related Posts with Thumbnails
blog comments powered by Disqus Creative Commons License
[the alohilana blog] by R. Jones is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at alohilana.blogspot.com.