7/7/08

Hey, World!

...Looking for me?

No? Oh. Too bad, 'cause I missed you, anyway. ;o)

It looks like I've been a really bad blogger lately, but really, truly, I'm trying to not be bad at keeping up. I do have a few things I've been working on, and I JustCan'tWait to upload them.

But because that involves additional effort [y'know, typing and editing and clicking buttons and all] I'm somehow finding the energy [or lack thereof] to put it off.

I know. It's awful.

Here's what's been keeping me busy this weekend:

- I changed the blog look! I'm not sure how I feel about the current design, but the swirling, twirling 'journey' look needed a rest. I changed the blog name, too, but I'm not sure that 'hello, alohilana' is a keeper.

We shall behold [at some undefined future date, that is..]

- I produced three new graphic designs for the church I'm working with.

- I started yet another university course, which brings me up to three senior-level courses at the moment. [I had to throw in the 'senior level' so you can fully sympathize with me, here]

- I started sorting through my belongings in preparation for my big move. This is a bigger job than I thought; brilliant of me to note, hey?

I realized that somewhere around 2 AM last night, as I sat on the floor amidst a sea of papers and small objects.

- I did finish a post, but since I actually started the thought way back in June, it got tucked away behind previous posts. Because a bloggin' diva I ain't - yet. [Oh, yeah - it's 'On Rainbows and Puppies', if you're lookin' for it.]

- I bonded with some precious people over the holiday weekend; it will be the last time some of us spend time together for awhile, but I'm trying not to think about all that just yet, 'cause every time I think about the good stuff I'm leaving behind, I get a little choked up.

True story.

There is no perfect place to be. Honestly, every day here hasn't been great, or even decent. I'll never understand some of the things I've observed during this quirky little journey, but I am truly appreciative for the little joys, the smiles, and the new friends. Maybe it's not perfect, but it's a good place to be. ;o)

...And now you know the rest of the story. [cue Paul Harvey.]

More soon, but I'll stop here [before I get too sappy, 'cause that's just dangerous] and say that I truly hope you had an amazing Independence Day weekend, celebrating freedom and liberty with your nearest and dearest!

Photobucket
Related Posts with Thumbnails
blog comments powered by Disqus Creative Commons License
[the alohilana blog] by R. Jones is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at alohilana.blogspot.com.