5/28/08

Hello, World. Remember Me?

I'm a bad blogger! It's been 5 whole days since I've dusted off the ol' keys and snapped out my random and often-useless musings and warblings for you [hello, world!] to read.

Yep. Even my poor twitter feed has been sorely neglected.

For this, I repent in sackcloth and ashes.

It's not that I haven't wanted to write - I've been meaning to jot some things down that have been pressing Godprints into the clay-dough of my soul, really, I have.

True story.

But since my crazy life doesn't always cooperate with my blogging intentions, I got sidetracked.

[insert repentant face here]

So instead of worrying about my crazy-busy life or apologizing to you for living it, I'll tell you what happened during my week, and you can tell me what happened during yours, and we can all live happily ever after.

And possibly sing Kum-Ba-Ya. Because that's how I roll, y'all.

5 days, 5 things:

1) I got a GREAT manicure and pedicure - so great that I'm definitely going back when my bank account recovers next year.

2) I had a birthday - my sweet parents and sister sent me flowers at work, and I got a lovely little gift bag of goodies from Momma C - and birthday wishes from unexpected people, which was also lovely.

3) I officially retired my Motorola Razr. [Yes, I still had a razr. Back off me, I'm cheap! ;oP] As much as I hated the thing, I was sad to see her go - partly because her replacement was so, so, SO expensive.

4) I got flipped off on the freeway - there I was, puttering along, mindin' my bid'niss, when a monstrous SUV driven by a perfectly coiffed soccer mom very nearly mowed me down. Soccer mom was obviously not concerned with the example she was setting for her children when she offered me a one-fingered salute not suitable for humans under the age of 598.

5) I tasted cheese curds for the first time in my life. I must say that the name was so offputting, I was gravely concerned for my safety. Fortunately, all was well and I am alive to [happily] report that the cheese curds were delicious.

I'm going to vote for a cooler name for them, though.

Shh, don't worry. It's all a part of the master plan. ;o)

So that's my week! How about yours?

Photobucket
Related Posts with Thumbnails
blog comments powered by Disqus Creative Commons License
[the alohilana blog] by R. Jones is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at alohilana.blogspot.com.