5/15/08

Chicken Soup For The Soul

"I, even I, am He Who comforts you." Isaiah 51:12a, Amplified Bible

Don't you love tiny little moments where Jesus wraps your heart in a hug so real that you can almost feel the dents that His hands leave on the edges of your soul?

Over the last week or so, I've fluctuated between feeling miserably sick to feeling uncomfortably [but still functionally] ill. I'm not sure if it's the flu or allergies, but I'm sure I don't want to be miserable like this again.

I'm not gonna lie. I'm the world's biggest baby. My thought process every morning goes something like this:

"Hi, God. I'm sick again. I don't want to do anything productive today. I want to crawl into bed and sleep for a year. Close my eyes and shield every tiny ray of light from searing my corneas with blazing pain. Finally get warm and force my perpetual chills to subside. Hug someone with a friendly face.

Oh, and I also want a bowl - a whole bucket will do, really - of chicken soup."

I might have even mentioned the chicken soup part on MySpace.

Ok, ok - scratch the maybe. I said it, 'cause I'm a witty gal! [Fine. I said it 'cause I really wanted it! Gosh. Try and write a blog and see how witty it looks in text! *grin*]

And you know what? This morning, when I got to my desk, there was a can of chicken noodle soup and a little note waiting for me.

Totally a God-hug.

Thanks, Cara and Brooke, for letting Jesus use you. It was more than a chuckle [or even lunch!] or a grin - it was an answer to a prayer I wasn't fully aware of praying.

Photobucket
Related Posts with Thumbnails
blog comments powered by Disqus Creative Commons License
[the alohilana blog] by R. Jones is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at alohilana.blogspot.com.