4/30/08

Suuuuuunshine!

Sunshiii.. Sunsh.. Hello? *tap, tap*

Sunshine, this letter is for you.

I'm fighting bitterness as I type; I'm bound and determined to overcome my dismay at the snow flurries that decided to come out for a little victory dance during your absence.

Perhaps you were not aware, but today is April 30th. There are pictures of puppies frolicking in the golden glow of springtime on my 'April' dayplanner page, so I'm pretty sure it's past time for you to be here. Being the proactive person that I am, I have already discarded and/or packed every remotely warm and winter-worthy item of clothing I own, and it might be selfish, but I would appreciate not having to sit on a space heater all day.

Yes, indeed. Because of you, I'm roasting like a chicken over a fire-breathing space heater. My left leg does not like you right now.

You seem to be far too reluctant to join us this season. I'm pretty sure you're going to be merciless in July, because you tend to do that, but I'd hoped you would ease us into the May flowers my dayplanner assures me will appear. (I'm also expecting a basket full of floppy-eared puppies with ribbon bows around their necks, but I'm pretty sure you're not the one to ask about this..)

I'd consider it a personal favor if you would make an appearance in central Ohio. Nice and warm, something like a fresh cookie without the calories. The flowers would thank you, the puppies would frolic, and faith in dayplanners would be duly restored. Plus, I asked you nicely. I wrote you a whole letter, even!

Please and thank you. See?!?! I'm being nice already! ;o)

Signed,
ME

Photobucket
Related Posts with Thumbnails
blog comments powered by Disqus Creative Commons License
[the alohilana blog] by R. Jones is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at alohilana.blogspot.com.